Thursday 19 April 2018

Trust the Process

As a fitness trainer, I have long told clients to trust the process.  It can be very difficult when folks want instant results and don't think they are seeing results fast enough.  However, the process works...if you stick to it consistently.  What process you ask?  Whether it be a run program you are following, or a healthy way of eating, or new fitness regimen....stick with it!
 
Do whatever you have to do remain consistent, but don't quit!  I have a folder on my computer that I have saved motivational sayings over the years (and where I pulled the above one from). It's interesting to go back and see what I saved, and see a pattern over the years as I went through different cycles!
 
But onto the past couple of weeks of training.  I have been consistent in getting in 2 runs per week....one tempo and one long run.  I am on track for my 10k pace bunny training for the Bluenose 10k!  Today I left my run a bit later and it was lightly raining...did that stop me? Nope....I thought about those folks who ran Boston and Monday and thought...if they can run in that...I can run in a little bit of sprinkle!
 
Long Run

Tempo Run - note....long slow run is 1 minute slower
I also promised you guys a workout.....here is one I did today....You will need a set of dumbbells.

-12 curtsy lunges with dumbbell snatch (6 per side)
-12 deadlift to upright row (be sure to have a nice strong straight back) squeeze glutes at the top
-12 goblet squats with bicep curl
-12 kettlebell tricep extensions
-12 kettlebell single arm row (6 per side)
-12 side lateral rows to iron cross
-12 chest press to full situp
-12 side plank with underneath dumbbell reach (6 per side)

Complete the sequence 3 times

I'm also excited to have been selected as an ambassador for Spydergrip.  Check out their website at Spydergrip.com.  My product has shipped and I'm super excited to start using it...I could have used it in my run tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment