Saturday 5 July 2014

Black Bean Brownies!

Thanks to FitAndy I've found my new brownie recipe!

I know what you're thinking...Black beans and Brownie should NOT be in the same recipe...just trust me on this one!

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed well
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp sugar or other sweetener such as agave nectar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
Chocolate chips
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*F. Combine all ingredients, expect chocolate chips, in food processor or blender.
Blend until completely smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into an oil 8×8 pan or cupcake tin. Sprinkle remaining choc chips on top and bake for 20 mins. Let cool for 10 minutes before diving in. Recipe makes about 8 squares/cupcakes.
These are SUPER chocolatey and moist!  I am just sad that it only made about 8 brownies because I know they are going to go fast!  Thank you Andy for pointing me in the direction of these babies!  If you want some amazing, healthy recipes...pop on over to Andy's website!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment